Over the last 20+ years in the design industry, I've had the opportunity to work with all types of companies and products that have helped me understand business, design, and human beings at a deep and multi-faceted level. I’m proud to have helped generate millions in revenue for corporations, launched flagship products for startups, and aided fledgling charities pro bono. I specialize in simplifying and streamlining internal processes and optimizing interfaces based on data and empathy. My current goal is to focus on Product Design, with a secondary focus on user testing, research, and copywriting — and to work for a company that has learned how to make design a priority in their process and culture.
My heart beats for all things design and human behavior. To me, making simple and useful experiences based on real human need is the proverbial cat's pajamas. Speaking of pajamas, I primarily seek (at least partially) remote roles. Speaking of cats, hiring me is hiring a cat lady of epic proportions so be prepared for cats to make an appearance during our Zoom calls.
• Myers Briggs - ENTJ "The Commander". I'm a candid extrovert (think Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Margaret Thatcher, Jim Carrey) and I have a leader personality. I believe that a great leader will always teach, and more importantly, will always learn.
• Clifton Profile - My primary business strengths are restoration, strategy, and learning. This basically means I strategize the restoration of a big mess, and then learn about how to improve it through optimization.
• I like to dip my brush in all the paint
• I like to watch the needle move
What I look for in a professional environment:
• Being on a team of honest, open, courageous people with great communication skills
• Collaborating with a visionary and practical leader (and/or UX team) who genuinely understands design systems and strategy
• Quality and data-driven results
• Working with a company who aligns with my mission
My job has an affect on the world and is an extension of my ethics. So, I've focused my skillset towards causes that I believe make the world a better place, like promoting knowledge and positivity, animal welfare, health and wellness, and travel. My hope is that I'll create some joy, because, in the end, that's what matters when we go.
Data-driven workflow optimization, visual design, and copywriting are my first loves. Though I have successful relationships with all the following disciplines.
A good experience is weaved into every touchpoint of a product. A UXer worth her salt pays attention to quality and how it affects the product, and understands how the details affect the bigger picture. At the same time, she understands which refinements can be sacrificed to keep the wind in the sails. I believe that a product is never "done" but sometimes has to be shipped in order to learn, fail, improve.
What do I do when I'm not face-down in a device? I own and operate a business for which I draw/paint pets, with proceeds going to charity. I love skiing, hiking, archery, and studying human behavior; and I volunteer in animal rescue and conservation.
If I've piqued your interest or you have questions, please reach out. Unless you're a bot, in which case, please do not.Let's Chat